We Take Misdemeanor Charges Seriously
Many people think of misdemeanor crimes as a distraction or no big deal. But there can be serious consequences, both immediate and long term, from a misdemeanor conviction.
If you are charged with a misdemeanor offense, contact Henley & Henley, Attorneys at Law, at 410-734-5536. We can fight the charges or help minimize the penalties.
What Is A Misdemeanor?
The term misdemeanor covers many offenses, from minor citations to serious criminal charges. By definition, a misdemeanor carries a jail term of less than one year in jail. We realize that any jail time is a hardship and an embarrassment, and we work hard to spare our clients from that fate.
We handle all misdemeanor offenses, including:
- Assault and battery charges
- Drunk driving (DUI and DWI)
- Traffic crimes such as reckless driving
- Shoplifting and theft crimes
- Marijuana possession
- Disorderly conduct
Strong Defense Strategies To Fight Your Misdemeanor
Our attorneys are knowledgeable about the law and familiar with the judges in Anne Arundel and Queen Anne’s counties. This enables us to approach your misdemeanor case with a multifaceted strategy:
- Gathering details during a complimentary initial consultation to construct a full picture of your situation
- Obtaining police reports that contain often-overlooked details we can utilize to support a strong defense
- Fully reviewing additional details, including sobriety tests or lab reports
- Thoroughly interviewing available witnesses and preparing them to go to trial in your defense
- Investigating details of your charge and arrest for any missteps or illegal procedures
Get Experienced Lawyers On Your Side
Our criminal defense attorneys have extensive experience handling misdemeanor cases. Even minor charges can leave you feeling a great deal of anxiety over what might happen. We provide compassion and answers throughout the legal process to make sure you know what is happening every step of the way and to assure you we are doing everything we can to protect you.
We have offices in Annapolis and Centreville, and we offer a free initial consultation. Call 410-734-5536 or email us today.